Tuesday, August 19, 2008

just a piece

Logan and Gavin are complete opposites when it comes to many things. Logan loves condiments and dips on top of everything he eats (like me), Gavin wants it all "plain". Gavin can't get enough sweets and bites right into ice cream (like Jay). Logan turns down chocolate regularly (don't know where he got that from!) and licks his ice cream delicately so as not to hurt his teeth (like me). Most recently, we've come to terms with the fact that Gavin appears to be a night-owl and seems to have inherited the "Allison Sleeping Gene" (they can't get enough of it in that family). Logan, on the other hand, has always been early to bed and early to rise, like a true Coddington.

So, this is the bedtime scenario from the other night: Logan is lying quietly in his bed trying his best to go to sleep. Gavin is climbing on Logan's bed, singing, and hitting Logan with his stuffed snake.

LOGAN: (comes running out of his room) Mommy! Gray won't leave me alone.
ME: Really?
LOGAN: Yeah, and I'm trying to go to sleep! I need to go to sleep in your room!
ME: (usually I don't mind, but I have work to do in there) Baby, just try it one more time and tell Gray to stop talking to you.
LOGAN: No! I can't! I told you! I JUST NEED A PIECE OF QUIET!!!!!

No comments: