Thursday, October 2, 2008

I can't cook green beans


So, the other night, I made my favorite green bean recipe (fresh green beans cooked in butter and garlic). Seriously, they are so delicious that I was snacking on them after dinner too! Logan, however, wasn't impressed. He sat at the table for over an hour after we had finished dinner and refused to eat the three green beans that I had served him. He yelled, cried, moped, whined, and even tried to throw up. In the end, he won (with a comment that melted my heart -- dialogue posted below) and was finally excused from the table. For the record, he was excused to bed...without dessert, not to play -- for all of my psychologist friends who are about to point out that I just reinforced the behavior.

LOGAN: (with tears in his eyes) Mama, you're not a good cooker of green beans.

ME: Oh, really?

LOGAN: Yeah, you shouldn't cook them anymore.

ME: Well, what should I cook then? (I mean vegetables, but this point is lost on him)

LOGAN: You know: pizza, hot dogs, soup. You're a good cooker of all those things.

No comments: