Sunday, January 3, 2010

cake to the third power

Are we crazy for taking our kids to three birthday parties in one day? Well, maybe so, but how could we say "no" to one kid and "yes" to another. So, this was a day of cake-times-three.


Party #1 at the park for Gavin's friend from school.
The lighting was perfect, so I worked on getting a good shot of Sir Never-Pose-When-You-Want-Him-To.

Ring Around the Rosie?
Turning the volleyball court into a sandbox, of course.



Party #2 at a house we've always wanted to visit. Jay chose the right party to go to -- this one had beer for the grown ups and a babysitter (balloon man) for the kiddos.

Logan and Jonathan (best buds)
Sportin' his black eye and a balloon gun, of course.
By Party #3 I was too exhausted to tote around my camera. This party was for Hannah's son (our former nanny) and was at a different park. As I was getting Keegan out of the car, I heard the boys yelling. Thinking they were fighting over who was going to carry the gift (again), I ignored them. Unbeknownst to me, Logan had fallen into a ginormous ant pile while wearing flip flops and carrying the present. Apparently it took him awhile to realize it, and those ants had him for lunch. Never one to miss out on a social event, however, he took some Benadryl and toughed it out in the name of cake and sausage pizza!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I know they had lots of fun. And Logan, I would have done the same!