Friday, September 24, 2010

the paci fairy is coming

I took all three kids to the dentist simultaneously this week...solo. Last time, Ashley was there to reprimand, hand hold, and soothe, but you know.....graduation...blah blah...gotta get a real job...blah blah. (Love you, Ashley!). So, I went alone. It was far less difficult than I thought it would be. Which means my babies are growing up!



Logan and Gavin were thrilled about the whole thing. Gavin thought he was something special since he was the only one due for x-rays ("I get to see my BONES, Mom!"). Logan got into the back area where you sit and get your teeth cleaned and promptly announced (repeatedly) to the dentist that the whole experience was "soooooo boring!". That's my boy.



And then there was Keegan. Let's just say he's not really at a good age for having his teeth examiner by a stranger. Even if she gives him toys. Even if she has big brother role play what's about to happen. Even if she lets you hold Elmo. Essentially, she did all the "right" things, but Keegan was just not into it.



We got a good report on all kids. Which is fortunate considering the fact that we're driving a 12 year old car that seems to be on the verge of kicking the bucket. We're going to "just get one more thing fixed on it" and then we're gonna get a new one. As Jay says, it's like we have a car payment with all the repairs we've had to do each month, but it's cheaper than buying a new car.



But I digress....so, everyone's teeth look great....except Keegan's. His teeth look like he has a permanent, invisible paci in his mouth. So the paci fairy is on her way. He's excited about the toy she's bringing and the cake she's leaving (not sure where he came up with that one), but I don't think he actually gets the concept in its entirety. I guess he'll be searching for his secret hidden stash of pacis soon. We're hoping we got them all "to give to the little babies that don't have any pacis", but I'm not holding my breath. I guess I'm in for a sleepless weekend.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Bye Bye Pacis! :( :)

Karen said...

Lyssa gave her 'me-me's' to the meme fairy this year also :( Bye bye baby girl - hello little lady!