Friday, December 30, 2011

Time to hit the books

Well, it's back to school time whether we like it or not.

Over the past couple years we have developed some family traditions to ease ourselves back into the new school year. Each year comes with unfamiliarity, nervousness, fear, and excitement. New friends, new teachers, and sometimes new schools. After a summer at home with Mom, I always write "xo" on the inside of their wrists (and on my own wrists as well) on the first day of school as a little reminder for them throughout the day that they are loved and on my mind. Whenever they feel the need, they can just look at the inside of their wrists and know that I'm thinking of them and that I'll always be there for them even when they can't see me.
Annual first day of school picture in front of the house.
And in front of the grizzly statue. Incidentally, I wonder exactly how many more years I'm going to be able to get away with this before they die of embarrassment.
On his way to meet his sweet teacher, Mrs. Montford. She's the sweetest little grandmother in the world. Her husband, Senator Montford is our former Superintendent and equally as kind-hearted.
Almost a grizzly.
Missing Mama already. Keegan clings to his "last year teacher", Ms. Carolyn.
And one final tradition, the annual photo of the kids holding up their fingers with their current grade. Not sure what will happen when we get to 11th and 12th. I didn't think that far ahead.
Logan: 2
Gavin: 1
Keegan: 0

No comments: