Tuesday, May 22, 2012

O' Christmas Tree

It's that time of year again. This marks the 11th tree that I've put up in this house, and I'm reminded of Christmas memories from the past. Like the time the dogs knocked over the tree and all our ornaments crashed to the floor. Cranky ol' Jay was so mad that he declared Christmas to be "cancelled" for the remainder of the holiday season. That lasted for about 10 minutes. Or the time our toddler, Gavin, knocked over the tree breaking most of my glass ornaments. A piece of ornament became lodged in his foot and the night before he was scheduled for surgery to have it removed, Daddy came to the rescue and performed the surgery himself. I have countless memories of late night talks with Jay by the fire, excited pitter-patter of little feet down the hallway to check out the loot from Santa, and lots and lots of smiling faces and laughter. It's a little sad knowing that this is the final Christmas tree we'll have in this house, but I look forward to creating many more memories around the tree in the new one.

We did it!


Counting my blessings. I have three of them right here.

No comments: