Wednesday, December 3, 2008

saving $$$, week by week

I can't believe I'm saying this on December 2nd, but I think we have almost ALL of our Christmas shopping done! Thanks to all the pre-Thanksgiving sales coupled with Black Friday and Cyber Monday, we are all set to go! The sales at Publix this week were mediocre at best, and with all the Thanksgiving leftovers, we really didn't need much, but check out the CVS purchase! If you're not "CVSing" already, you should be. Here's a link to tell you how to do it:

How to CVS by Jenny at Southern Savers

Weekly Publix Shopping Trip
Total before sales/coupons: $84.06
Total spent out of pocket: $52.20
Total saved: $31.86 or 48%

CVS
Total before sales/coupons: $55.62
Total spent out of pocket: $1.75
Total saved: $53.87 or 96.9%

Best deal: new earbuds for my Zune (FREE)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Alrightie - signed up to get my CVS card although really I prefer Walgreens :(