Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A well-check, followed by a not-so-well-check

Keegan's 9 month check-up!
2/25/2009
Height -- 29 inches
Weight -- 23 lbs, 12 oz.

I'm assuming, by the look on the nurse's face, that both numbers are off-the-chart.
Unfortunately, this smile didn't last for long. The following day (Thursday), Keegan was running a fever and pulling at his ears again. The "tummy issues" were soon to follow (I'm sparing you the graphic details here in an effort to maintain readers) By Saturday, we were back at Urgent Care, since my kids do not get sick enough to go to the doctor unless it's a weekend. Another round of antibiotics for a child that already hates to consume anything besides breast milk. On Monday, I realized it had been a LONG time since he had nursed or had anything at all to drink. Well, really he only nurses. Again, he pretty much hates anything else getting near his mouth. Maybe he likes pizza, but that's pretty much it. So, no water, popsicles, pedialyte, etc. Of course, since he wasn't nursing, he wasn't wetting diapers either, so in we went to see the pediatrician to assess for dehydration. Finally, today (Wednesday), I have good news to report....he's nursing happily again and seems to be getting back to normal, but it was tough goin' there for a while. I'll have to take a picture of him this weekend to show you how thin he looks, especially in the face. His baby fat is starting to disappear and he looks more like a little boy now.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey congrats! Great check up - Leah's is next Wednesday - still no baby food? Just nursing? He looks so cute and Logan looks soooo grown up! Are they getting excited for Duck yet? We are going to only be at Duck until Thursday - I am going to be in my friends wedding (at Newport) at the end of the week! AHHH - how come the only two things I have planned for this year are on the same week! Oh well - I can't wait to see all of you!!!

Jessica said...

okay okay - the truth needs to come out (LOL) I have always used coupons, but I am just not as good as frugal finds as you and Jenna - I will learn!!!