Friday, June 1, 2012

Jacksonville Bank Half-Marathon

I can't think of a better way to kick of Christmas Vacation than a trip to Jacksonville to visit friends, visit family, and run a half-marathon!

The Jacksonville Bank Marathon is one of the oldest marathons in Florida. It's fast, flat, scenic, and not overly crowded. Just my type of race, and a perfect setting for Christi's first half-marathon. Speaking of Christi, she makes me sick! A star track runner a body builder in high school, she took quite a bit of time off before recently deciding to start running again. While I struggled to make a PR and finish in the top half of my age division (45th place in my division with a time of 2:06:07), she hardly trained and managed to easily place 5th in her division as one of the top female runners!!! So proud of my friend!

Off to a chilly start, but ready to kill this race!

We did it! Time for beer and carbs!
Back at the house, boys will be boys.




No comments: