Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Birthday-isms

Summary of bloggable birthday moments today...


Conversation between Gavin and Daddy:
GAVIN: "Daddy, I need you to get all your money for me."
JAY: "Why?"
GAVIN: "So I can buy Mommy some diamonds for her birthday!"
(Four years old and he already knows the way to a woman's heart!)



Sung in the car:
"Go Mama! It's your birthday!"



Logan notes the rainy day and converses with himself (even though it seems like he's talking to me, he's really just rambling to himself):

"Mama, why did God make it rain on your birthday? I mean, he knew it was your birthday 'cause he knows everyone in the whole world's birthday. So, why did he make it rain? The plants must have needed some water, I think. So he had to crunch all the ice in the world into rain to water the plants. 'Cause we only have drinking water on earth. So, that's why I guess. Dear God: Please, please, please don't make it rain on Mommy's birthday. That's not good And it's really been raining all day. So that must be enough rain."



Gavin asks:
"Where are you having your birthday, Mom? Zoinks or the Nick Hotel?"
ME: "Just at home with you guys."
GAVIN: "But why? You can't do that. Birthday's have to BE somewhere!"



Keegan says:
"MAMA! ELMO!!!!!!!!! MAMA! ELMO!!!!!!! MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

1 comment:

Patty said...

They are sweethearts. Happy birthday, Mama!