Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Positive Action


So, Logan came home all excited that he got his first "Positive Action Award" and the following conversation ensued:

LOGAN: I got my first Positive Action Award today. Aren't you so proud of me?

ME: Of course I am, baby. What's a Positive Action Award?

LOGAN: It's when you do a Positive Action.

ME: Ok.....

LOGAN: And then they say your name on the TV and you get to go to the office and get something. And only two kids in the class got it.

ME: Cool! What'd you get?

LOGAN: Just this paper.

ME: Wow! Logan! It's a coupon for a free kids meal at Red Elephant!!!! (Now, I'm REALLY proud because I love coupons so much!)

LOGAN: Ok, good. So, we can all go there?

ME: Of course. We'll go this week.

LOGAN: Great-Nana, do you want to come too? And I'm gonna invite Nana, and Papa, and Keegan, and Daddy, and Gavin, and....

ME: Wait a minute! Who's paying for all this?

LOGAN: No one. I have a coupon!!!!

ME: (sigh...this is going to be one expensive dinner) So what'd you do to deserve it? What was your Positive Action?

LOGAN: I don't know. I don't remember.


Looks like they might need a little work on the effectiveness of their school-wide behavior program!

No comments: