Friday, November 20, 2009

Adventures at The Doak

So, this is what happens when my parents take the kids for the night. While the kids were doing this, we were doing this....

After a gorgeous wedding for some dear friends, we headed over to Doak Campbell Stadium for the reception.


The afternoon started out normal enough as we celebrated the union of Kelly and Joe. We were also enjoying some much-needed relaxation and alone time together, all the while knowing the kids were in safe hands until the following morning.
We caught up with some old friends...
...and were the last ones to leave.
But there's just something about that open bar that gets me every time!
The night was young...
...we thought we were too...


...and that goal post was just calling my name!


It didn't hurt much at the time. In fact, I even danced and contemplated singing karaoke. But the night eventually culminated in a 4am trip to the ER. We left at 7:30am...exhausted and hungover...and picked up our three well-rested, energetic little boys on the way home.

And Gavin took this picture of me so I could show you without having to wait for Jay to come home.
The moral of the story is: I'm not 20 anymore, nor am I a gymnast, nor should I participate in future open bar wedding events!
So...$100, 3 sets of x-rays, and several weeks later, I can finally type well enough again to post this for you all to see. I was lucky -- dislocated my elbow (which is a quite a difficult feat, according to the doctor) and it popped right back into place. LOTS of pain, but lots of good meds to go along with it. Maybe, just maybe, I learned my lesson this time.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Maybe . . .

Karen said...

LOL LOL LOL But you look like you were having SO much fun! :)
Hugs
Karen