Thursday, June 17, 2010

He said a bad word

The following is a true story. One day, I received a call from Logan's teacher. Seeing the school's name on my caller ID, I panicked, of course.

ME: Hello? What's wrong?

MRS. Z.: Hi, Mrs. Allison. Everything's fine.

(It's not, of course, or his teacher wouldn't be calling me in the middle of the school day)

MRS. Z.: I just wanted to call to inform you of an incident that occurred in my classroom earlier today. I mean, Logan didn't do anything wrong...really...but just I thought you should know....

ME: Okaaaaayyyyy....

MRS. Z.: Well, during circle time today, Logan came up to me and said that another kid said a bad word.

ME: Yeah, he does that.

MRS. Z.: Yeah, but he came up and said, "Mrs. Z., Michael (not his real name) said a bad word and we shouldn't say bad words. He said, 'F**KING BUTT' and 'BUTT' is a BAD WORD!"

Yes, "butt" is a very bad word in our house. Ah, childhood innocence....

No comments: