Sunday, June 20, 2010

newer isn't always better


Since he was about 12 months old, Gavin has had an infatuation with tags. Tags on shirts, tags on shorts, tags on comforters. It doesn't really matter. He just likes the way they feel in between his fingers. For his second birthday, we gave him a Thomas the Train taggie blanket and taggie pillow (which is basically just a normal blanket and pillow edged with different types of tags). Needless to say, 3 years later, that pillow and blanket could use a good face lift. I mean, they could really stand up on their own. So, Nana has taken upon the task of making a brand new, cooler and cleaner taggie pillow for Gavin to use.

This conversation occurred just before bedtime tonight:

GAVIN: Mommy, when Nana makes me a new, cool taggie pillow can I still keep my old taggie pillow?
ME: Sure, Baby.
GAVIN: Because I love this taggie pillow and he'd be lonely without me feeling his tags all the time.
ME: Ok, that's fine.
GAVIN: It's ok. Tell Nana I can love them both! I can love them equal!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Don't worry, Gavin. Nana doesn't expect you to give up your old taggie pillow. You can have 2!