Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Boston Mini-Marathon

This year, I was able to successfully complete the Boston Mini-Marathon once again. I also shattered my old personal record (thanks to my finish line cheering squad)! There's nothing like running with the cows on a beautiful fall day. Jay got some great pictures of the kids while killing time during the race. Boston, Georgia is such a cute little town to visit with a lot of interesting history. Coincidentally, I later found out that the grandfather of Logan and Gavin's girlfriends (who are also sisters) created the Boston Mini-Marathon and festival while he was mayor of the town years ago. It was about 28 degrees at race time. This is Gavin wrapped up in my jacket. We saw a real (loud) train cross right in front of us as we were leaving the race. We left shortly after finishing the race in order to get back to see my grandmother who was very sick at the time. Next year, I hope to be able to stay a little while longer to enjoy some Elephant Ears after the race. Hey, a girl's gotta refuel after running that far!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I have been enjoying all your recent posts so much. What great memories!