Saturday, June 14, 2008

Brotherly Love

Having a baby brother is such a blast!

Yesterday, I took the older ones to Publix and left Keegan at home with Daddy. Whoo-hoo! Big day out for Mommy (since I couldn't remember the last time I had left the house). The boys told everyone in the store (who would listen) that they had a new baby brother, but we left him at home. After the initial quizzical, judgemental look, the customer would realize that Keegan was probably just home with Daddy...not home alone.

Logan calls him "my baby Keeg" and Gavin still treats him like he's a new pet. Overall, they try to be a big help. They actually fight over who can be "Mommy's Big Helper" when I need a burp cloth or diaper. Of course, the intentions are there, but it doesn't end up being much of a help when I need something and they decide to wrestle each other to be the first to get it to me. Someone always gets hurt...usually it's Gray, the child that is prone to accidents and has about 8 bruises and 4 band-aids on at any given time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at your blog and seeing the photos of your beautiful family. I love the conversations that you document between you and your boys. Kids say the cutest things!

Jessica

Karen said...

I agree with Jessica - you are a great writer!

You'll have to write me and tell me what Publix is??

"Auntie" Karen in Arizona