Thursday, August 26, 2010

love is in the air

This first week of school has been full of emotion, exhaustion, and change. The kids are like my little mice struggling to get used to who moved their cheese. Keegan is often torn between really enjoying school while he's there, but really wanting to be back home with me. Logan is trying to adjust to a new teacher with new rules that he may or may not agree with. And Gavin is just going with the flow -- holding his head up high and trying to make new friends at his new school.

To my delight, after several afternoons of tears, all three boys finally came home excited, talkative, and happy.

Afternoon conversation today:


GAVIN: (yelling with excitement) I have a secret, Logan!


LOGAN: (yelling as usual) Tell me! Tell me!!!!!


GAVIN: Ok, but no girls allowed!


AFTERSCHOOL PTO HELPER LADY: Oh no! I wanted to hear the secret.


GAVIN: You can't. No girls allowed. Hey mom! I have a secret! You wanna hear it?


AFTERSCHOOL PTO HELPER LADY: (looks at me as if to say, "you're not a girl?")


ME: (I look at the PTO lady and shrug to mean, "you don't know this, but i have a house full of boys, so apparently I don't count as a girl since we don't have any girls in my house". I'm sure she has no idea of the message I'm silently trying to convey with my shrug and with my eyes, but she knowingly nods nonetheless) YES! Tell me!


GAVIN: (grinning from ear to ear and touching his cheek with his hand) I have a girlfriend! And SHE KISSED ME!!!!!!!!!


ME: Oh my! Did you tell Mrs. Zetrouer?


GAVIN: No way! Cause she would be totally JEALOUS!


(This conversation continued throughout the evening, as he told anyone who would listen all about his new girlfriend. He doesn't know her name, but it "might be Kaylee or Hailey". She is blond like him, and he's going to marry her)

1 comment:

Patty said...

Nana is very jealous too.