Monday, August 23, 2010

Sponge Bob celebrates with Logan

A little late on this post, but I wanted to show you some pictures of our trip to Orlando for Logan's 6th birthday. Jay and I had the opportunity to participate in Disney's "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" program in which we volunteered for a couple of hours in our local community (in our case, it was at the homeless shelter) and received a free ticket to Disney World in return. My parents were able to volunteer as well, and also had a couple of free Disney tickets they had won (of course they did!). This allowed us to grant Logan's birthday wish on a dime, as is the Allison way. This gave us the opportunity to splurge a little and get a suite at one of our favorite Orlando hotels, the Nick Hotel, where you can celebrate your birthday with Sponge Bob, get slimed, and can even throw a pie in your grandmother's face! Of course, since we are Allison's, Jay and I spent one dreary, rainy morning while we were there to sit through a time share presentation and earn a free gift (and $80 food voucher to use at the hotel's mall). "No, we don't want to buy your time share" we must have said 1,000 times.

Getting slimed (it was COLD, but they insisted!)


Keegan loves Dora


Dessert at Cici's (where the buffet is Buy 1 Get 1 Free with coupon!)


Logan, Justin, and Gavin. We were so pleased to have the Lee family join us. The kids played nicely together and I was happy to have someone to hit the outlets with. Steph makes me look good -- I spent far less than her at the Coach outlet, which I pointed out to Jay as I handed him my receipt so I wouldn't be in quite as much trouble!

Birthday with Sponge Bob

Where the boys play...I mean, sleep.
If you have small children and haven't been to this hotel, you really should give it a try. I'm watching for a good deal this fall and we plan on launching "Operation Allison's and Friends Take Over The Sponge Bob Hotel". Maybe you'll be able to join us?????