Thursday, August 5, 2010

Spring is in the air

Ok, so yes, we're nearing the end of summer. A fact I am aware of every time I take a look at the calendar, see the back-to-school shopping commercials, and receive emails from my boss regarding my impending return to work. And now you know how far behind I am on my picture editing/posting/filing, but these pictures were just too cute not to post.


Tallahassee puts on an annual Springtime parade/festival downtown. This is truly a highlighted event, and I think it might be a crime to live here and NOT attend this festival. Vendors and businesses spend months putting their floats together and the city actually pays some lucky people full-time salaries year-round to sit in their office and organize this event.


This year, we met up with Logan's BFF, Jonathan, and watched the parade across the street from his father's fire station. It was far less crowded and we had actually had restrooms (at the fire station) that we could use without too much of hassle. Additionally, we were at the START of the parade rather than the end of it, which came in handy in the afternoon when the parade had ended for us (but not for everyone down the street) and we were able to beat the crowds leaving early and making it home in time for naps.


I started off the morning with a rather hilly 10K; my first post-Keegan delivery race. The kids surprised me (shown below) by showing up fully dressed and fed, and bearing gifts of flowers and Gatorade. This was a nice, heartwarming surprised, followed up with another welcome surprise: free beer and Publix coupons at the finish time! Someone sure knows how to make me a happy woman!




No comments: