Friday, July 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I enjoyed a fabulously perfect Mother's Day this year complete with homemade cards from the kids, swimming at Troudell pool, a massage package gift certificate, yellow roses, and a PediEgg (gross, yes, but I have been wanting one for a long time now and Jay knows it. It was actually a very thoughtful and practical gift!).

Gavin makes me laugh. His Kindergarten class did a fill in the blank project for Mother's Day. Here is what he wrote:

My mother is the most wonderful mom in the whole world. She is as pretty as a diamond. When I was born, I think she was 31 (I was not! That would make me 3 years older than really am today!). Her favorite food is broccoli (????? Maybe I was trying to get him to eat his veggies and said that?). In the good old days when mom was little, she used to go to Disney (quite true). My mom is really good at running (Yay!). I wish my mom would play with me every day (I wasn't aware that I didn't). I wouldn't trade my mom for Coca-Cola (this is saying A LOT!).

Nana's roses from all the grandkids!

No comments: