Thursday, July 14, 2011

Olympic Opening Ceremonies

Last year, I wrote a post about Gilchrist's longstanding tradition of the Olympic Games (here) . This year was even bigger and better than last year's performance (if that's actually possible). Though I didn't see the tailgating guy again, I did have trouble finding parking (thank goodness I drive a truck and can park anywhere). I really think every single parent was in attendance, including Daddy, because it's really an event not to be missed. The kids paraded down the length of the parking lot dressed in their country's finest. Kindergarten was USA once again, while first grade represented South America. Both boys participated in their grade level dances with Gavin rocking out some Justin Bieber and Logan shaking his tail feathers to some Black Eyed Peas. Sadly, the end-of-the-year work crunch was on and I was unable to attend the following day's field day festivities, but the boys came home excited and happy.






One side of one half of the people seated to watch the parade!

1 comment:

Patty said...

These are all of the things I am going to get to attend when I retire!