Sunday, February 17, 2013

having fun, but it's not the same without Daddy

While Daddy was away, we busied ourselves...

Friday afternoon snacks and a movie at Nana's house.
Saturday birthday parties...

First, we headed over to Chuck E. Cheese for Ramsey's birthday party. Did you know they serve gluten-free pizza? Ramsey's mom is my hairdresser and I might have embarrassed this just-turned-9-year-old ever so slightly when I loudly announced that I remember when she was just a baby. Yeah, I'm that lady now. After being homeschooled for the past couple years, Ramsey turned up at Gilchrist and is in Logan's class. I wouldn't want to embarrass him or anything, but it appears that sparks are flying. SHHHHH! Of course, Gavin's the one who brushed his hair and carefully chose his outfit for the party, so I might be on my way to my first taste of "when brothers like the same chick".




I couldn't resist getting a picture. Love is in the air. Yes, Logan's humiliated!
We headed over to Birthday #2, our second Valentine's Baby of the day, Baby Sam Lato. Baby Sam was born on Valentine's Day last year and was welcomed into the Lato family three days later. This adoption was  such a long time coming for a dear friend of mine and it's so fitting that he's a cupid baby.

The boys coached him on the logistics of cake. It's really quite complicated. See, first you have to realize that it's food, then you have to find your mouth, and all the while lots of grown ups are standing around with video cameras in your face.


With Daddy out of town, the boys wasted no time hitting up Grandpa Litz for a friendly game of football.


Finally, a silly Sunday dinner at Nana's wrapped up the weekend and we went home to see Daddy again! We had a fun weekend, but it's not the same without him around!


No comments: