Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Allison Weekly: Week of 2/4/2013

Some highlights from this week...

Why, oh why, does my future Picasso always draw pictures of wine glasses? 
What does that say about his mother? 
Succumbing to peer pressure from his girlfriend, Ella, Keegan tried his first non-water drink. Seriously, all he drinks is water and the occasional glass of chocolate milk. So, he tried this Minute Maid Cooler in Pink Lemonade flavor. And loved it. Duh.
Then he tried a Roarin' Waters and loved that too. So, I guess now he'll be drinking these like every other kid in America. Not sure how I feel about that. Water is so good for you and he has excellent teeth. On the other hand, I love to watch him explore his world and try new things. Remember when he wouldn't eat meat? Well now he eats chicken, hot dogs, and hamburgers! My how much he's grown!
This is the first weather report I saw predicting Winter Storm Nemo. My husband, who hates flying, is set to fly into this on Thursday.
Proof of why we shouldn't keep pocket knives in the bedroom of a seven year-old. Gavin stabbed himself in the finger and boy did it bleed...all over my hardwood floors.
Originally, Keegan refused to wear his bike helmet. Now he wears it both inside and outside the house!
I like to photograph my outfits sometimes because I can never remember what shoes or jewelry I wore with certain things and it makes getting dressed in the morning much easier. Do you see a little someone hiding between my legs? Now that I've figured out how to turn my blog into a book, I just had to include this picture. I'm quite certain I will be appalled at my fashion choice when I come across this picture years from now. Mint green pants, a pink and brown striped shirt, and a leopard print belt! But today, I like it.
I was aching for some quality family time in the middle of a busy week, so we decided to go out to dinner at Po' Boys. Don't we look like we're having fun together? It's late and the kids are hungry and tired. The service was sloooooow and that made for a cranky night out. 
Someone needs to buy me this shirt. I plan on making this my mantra.
This is part of my family organization -- school lunch menu, dinner menu, important papers, etc. I like to write song lyrics and quotes on here since it's the last thing we see as we walk out the door in the morning. Great song.
Guilty.
Mid-week ice cream treat with Nana.
So, Daddy made it to Connecticut just ahead of the storm for Gram's birthday surprise. This is Dad's old tree fort early on during Nemo. More on this in a separate post.
There's a pool somewhere out there too.
While he was away, we had sunny skies and 70 degree highs! Not to rub it in.

No comments: