Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Inspiration

Inspired by Jenna's post about her peanut butter coupons, I feel compelled to tell the world about my recent Publix savings and internet finds.

Weekly Publix Shopping Trip (11/13/2008)
Total before sales/coupons: $189.56
Total spent out of pocket: $73.86
Total saved: $115.70 or 61%
Best deal: Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal $.04 per box(!!!)
Favorite deal: Juicy Juice $.74

With the help of this website, I carefully planned my shopping trip using a combination of manufacturer coupons from the newspaper, store coupons, and internet (printed) coupons. After finding the Southern Saver's website, I swear I will never look at shopping the same way again. My challenge for this week is to beat my percentage saved (61%) from the previous week. Can I do it? My dad will be so proud!

Jenna: Check out what she does with the CVS ads. Do you have CVS where you live? She does a great job with Walgreen's as well.

Pooh: Have we converted you yet?

BTW, I labeled this post under "Frugal Finds" and plan on making this a regular contribution to my blog. I'm so excited to share this with you. Does this make me a dork?

1 comment:

Jenna said...

LOVE IT!!!! No, we don't have CVS. I'll have to check out your link. the cheaper the shopping trip the better. I think my record is a 74% savings, but that was a specific trip. I try to average 40-60% each trip.