Tuesday, November 4, 2008

when it rains

When it rains, it pours. Ain't that the truth.
  • Last Monday (10/27), I turned 25...ummm...I mean, I turned 31. Logan was feeling a little under the weather, so it was a good excuse for me to miss work.
  • Tuesday, I missed work again. Darn. I had really wanted to go.
  • Wednesday through Friday, I worked, but this nasty little bug continued to rear its ugly head throughout my household.
  • Friday afternoon (Halloween and Baby Leah's birthday), Jay twisted his ankle while on a run. He was over a mile away from the house at the time with no cell phone, so he had to hobble back all by his poor little old self. No one in our neighborhood ever stopped to help. Can you believe that? And you wonder why we want to move! That evening, we managed to push our way through Halloween, and still had a great time, I must say.
  • Saturday morning, Jay woke up with an ankle the color of a plum. He was unable to put any weight at all on it and slowly limped through the house. I had to work, so he was going to be alone with the kids all afternoon. So, my Mr. Mom decided to go to Urgent Care to get crutches in order to make life a little easier. Although he hadn't complained very much at all, Gavin had a nasty cough and indicated that his left ear was bothering him, so Jay decided to make appointments for both of them. I promised...NO SHOTS, and Gavin actually wanted to go to the doctor, which shows how sick he really was.
  • Three hours later, Jay carried Gavin back through the door. He couldn't walk because he had gotten two HUGE shots, making a liar out of Mommy. The diagnosis: double ear infections, strep throat, and TWO ruptured ear drums. Poor guy. And he never complained.
  • Sunday and Monday brought continued above average levels of nose blowing, tear wiping, medicines administered, and hugs given as I attempted to nurse this family back to health. Factor that in along with the time change (which can really screw up a baby's internal clock) and teething, and you have one miserable household.
  • Fast forward to Tuesday (today...election day), and you still have three children with varying degrees of this ever-lasting bug...including (gasp!) the baby!

Like I said, when it rains...

1 comment:

Karen said...

oh you poor thing! At least I only had one kid sick - only children can only pass it to parents LOL. I picked Alyssa up from preschool today and she spend the day sleeping on Nana on the couch - she was running a temp when I left. Don't you just hate to see them sick :(
thanks for Leah's picture - stolen and off to post it!
hugs
'auntie' Karen