Saturday, November 1, 2008

New 'do


BEFORE

AFTER (note the blue spike in the front for Halloween)
So, I don't think I have a masculine bone in my body.
Therefore, it has been a struggle for me to:
a) figure out how I want the boy's haircuts to look, and
b) verbalize it to their barber.
They've been going to "Mr. Keith" all their lives. Keith was Jay's barber through college and up until he didn't really have any hair left to cut (don't tell him I said this!). As is our tendency as a parent to live vicarious through our children, Jay insisted that I take the kids to Keith, thereby continuing the tradition of cutting the male Allison's hair. While I love Keith, he seems to know how to do one haircut, and only one haircut -- that of a boy/man. Duh. He's a barber. Well, I wanted bigger, better, and cooler cuts for the kids....the kind of cuts you ladies know only a female hair stylist can give. So, after several attempts at shaving their head myself and/or simply not cutting it at all (resulting in either bald or shaggy children), I finally convinced Jay to let me take Logan to Beth. The results, although I'm certainly not biased, are amazing. Doesn't he just look so cute? "Miss Beth" really hit it off with Logan and he can't wait to go back. He thinks she's the coolest since she put the blue gel in his hair!
As a side note, Logan and I had a great day together. I picked him up and took him out to a lunch of his choice (McDonalds). He didn't stop talking the whole time and wanted to sit next to me (so we could touch elbows), rather than across from me. He also ate 2 hamburgers, 1 small fry, and 1 ice cream cone. And I was once again reminded about how much these boys are going to cost me when they get to high school! His new hair cut makes him look so grown up, and the icing on the cake was at the end of the day when he looked at me and said, "That was a really great time, Mama. We should do that more often. You know what "more often" means? That means "more and more and more times"! Yes, Logan. I agree. We SHOULD do that more and more and more.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Very very cool new haircut Logan! I just love the blue in front. Cherish the one-on-on time while you can.
hugs and love
'auntie' Karen