Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful for Jay

So today is Jay's birthday. And he says I never post anything about him. I guess this is as good of a day as any to start posting about the love of my life, the best Dad I know, and the man I take for granted far too often. Since his birthday falls so close to Thanksgiving, he sometimes gets lost in the chaos of the season, but in our family, we are most thankful for him....our Daddy.

Reasons why I'm so proud of my husband and thankful for his presence in our lives:

1. He keeps me on track with Dave Ramsey's plan (see sidebar link if you don't know who I'm talking about) even when I'm sick of eating beans and rice, living in this crowded house, and keeping myself out of the mall.

2. He loves to play Go Fish with the boys, take them on bike rides, build Legos (which they subsequently break), snuggle up in bed to watch Backyardagans, and the list goes on and on.

3. He willingly changes poopy diapers and always remembers to give Logan his asthma medication (which I almost never remember).

4. He makes my coffee for me in the morning and pours it for me with just the right amount of creamer so I can have my first few sips without having to talk to anyone, change any diapers, or build any choo-choos. He loves me before I've showered, brushed my teeth, or had my coffee (which makes me noticeably nicer).

5. He bought a bike as an early birthday present for himself (but he bought it so early that I still had to go out and buy him another present because he would have forgotten all about it and thought I didn't think to get him a gift on his birthday). He rides it 13+ miles each day and is obsessed with his new-found form of exercise.

5. I could go on, but I'll end with this one....He's about to start a new job, even though he was happy and comfortable where he was before. He's looking out for the future of our family. It's a great opportunity and even though this is something you might not know about him yet and he's too humble to discuss it...this is a REALLY BIG DEAL for his career.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY! This is the 10th birthday we've spent together. Boy, you're getting old! I love you.

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a wonderful post. It's nice to remember the important people in our lives. Happy birthday Jay. I remember when you were born, the joy you brought your mom and dad. I had such fun playing with you when you were a child. One time Nana and I took you all the way up to the Catskill Game Farm for the day. We had a great time. It was when you first moved to Edison. I have such fantastic memories of your childhood. I wish we were all closer.
Love you
"Auntie" Karen

Jessica said...

Great post! I really enjoyed this one and you are right - I talked to Jason on his birthday and he didn't even mention his job! Congratulations and I can't wait to hear the details! Happy Birthday again Jason and love you!