Monday, June 13, 2011

every picture tells a story

Every photo has a story behind it. Particularly when the shot is taken at the spur of the moment from your iPhone. These are just a few of my favorites.

Keegan's first haircut. It's just further proof that my baby isn't a baby anymore.
 Batman Logan at Chick-fil-a on kids night. The funny part is (and I didn't even get a picture) that we're on our way to TaeKwonDo, so in just a moment he'll be Batman in a gi (the white uniform worn in martial arts).
 Gavin and his pre-k girlfriend (Jada) at their Christmas show. Sadly, she moved to Jacksonville after school ended and eventually we lost touch. She will forever be known as "Gavin's first girlfriend".
 Grandma and Gavin eating lunch together...always my benevolent child.
 Gavin and the silly glasses he made at a special lunch with mom and dad. Every so often, we try to take the kids out individually to spend some time alone with them. Gavin was in heaven at Ted's Montana Grill.
 Poor Keegan fell in the bathtub (while I was on a run and Daddy was in charge). I know I blogged about back when it happened. Here he is in the waiting room before getting his chin glued back together. Daddy suffered from so much guilt that he hit up the toy store and bought all the Sesame Street guys he could find, hence the chair filled with Sesame Street characters and Keegan smooshed in between them. 
 Green eggs and ham. They were wary at first, but they loved it. It must have been Dr. Seuss's birthday.
 Keegan loves his baths, regardless of the time of day. He wanted so badly to take a bath. He just got in by himself, clothes and all.
 Just boys being boys on our front porch. This picture just sums up the kids and their childhood for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on. Sometimes I just look at them and feel like I've won the lottery. I am so blessed.
 Logan and his Kindergarten BFF, Jonathan(they change every year, you know). This photo was taken at the Springtime Tallahassee parade. Eventually, their beads started to take over their heads and were so heavy they were pulling the kids over backwards.
 He loves Chuck E. Cheese so much.
 This was the first time Keegan sat on his potty. It was also the last time we would see him on it for many, many, many, many months.
 A friendly game of Kindergarten tug-of-war, boys vs. girls. The girls won, of course!
 On hot summer days, we beat the heat and water the grass simultaneously!
 Kindergarten orientation. He's terrified and is putting on his "brave" smile. They served cookies so the kids could practice going through the lunch line, so that made much better. With about 900 students, it's a big school for a little guy!
 Eating out is something I used to hate doing with the kids, but something I have grown to love as they get older. The boys love to place their own orders, work the crossword puzzles on the back of the kids menus, and drink their Sprite (pretty much the only time they get sugary, carbonated drinks). It took awhile to get them to understand that they weren't allowed to ask for "seconds" on their kids meals, but we're used to it now.
 This photo was taken by Ashley, our nanny, while waiting in line at parent pick-up to get Logan. She texted it to me and it ended up as my screen saver for months.
 I'm actually not sure where this was taken, but I just think he looks so silly!
 Donuts are a rare treat and bring big smiles to our faces.
 Sometimes I get so excited about how much money I save using coupons at the grocery that I have to text it to Jay, or my mom, or maybe post it on Facebook. Lame, I know, but that's the reason why we'll be able to afford a beach house one day. Looks like I spent $9.43 and saved $30.61. Not too shabby, and it was probably several bags worth of groceries too.
 Ummm...yeah.
 A 10K followed by a 10a.m. beer on a beautiful spring morning.
 Look Dad, Mom got sick of our moppy heads and gave us a summer buzz cut on a whim. Though you can't tell from this picture, Keegan was being less than cooperative, resulting in one side buzzed and the other side as hairy as a gorilla. It was lovely.
 Good times swimming at the lake -- one of our favorite family spots. Well, except for me. I hate it because the little fishies bite my legs when I swim and there are alligators. But the kids love it, so I smile and put up with it.
 McDonalds. They would eat there 3 times a day if I'd let them.
 Brothers help brothers stretch at the DoJang.
 Oh, my! I had forgotten all about this disgusting thing! This is a skink. He's kind of a half-lizard half-snake thing and he's very, very fast. He was living in my garage and was tormenting me every time I walked out my garage door. Unfortunately, I do that a lot as we have a second fridge, a food pantry, and our laundry facilities in our garage. He was getting quite brave and would sit at the top of our stairs just waiting for me to open the door so he could run inside my house, eat our delicious food, and hide in our bedrooms. I was terrified of him, which resulted in me acting like a crazy woman and yelling at my kids, "SHUT THE DOOR! THE SKINK! THE SKINK IS COMING!" every time anyone would even go near the garage. Finally, I had enough and bought rat traps to catch him. Jay thought I was crazy, but it worked on the first try!
They look so little here! This was taken at the Renaissance Festival (the elementary school's version of a fall carnival) in 2009. My babies are getting so big! This is not allowed!

No comments: