Friday, June 10, 2011

helicopters, guns, & rappell towers

The local law enforcement academy rolled out the red carpet for our spring break visit. We took the grand tour with our very own Papa as our tour guide. We checked out a real police car.

Keegan takes the megaphone and says, "Come out with your hands up"!

Cops in training
Our Papa

Papa drove us around to check out the shooting ranges, driving courses, rappel towers, and recon training sites. Took me back to my Boot Camp days and I think I even experienced a little PTSD! The kids thought it was cool though. Real people shooting real guns. Does it get any cooler than that?

Ready to air lift some injured passengers and bring them to safety!

In the drivers seat.

Crazy with excitement.



We finished the day off with a deliciously guilt-ridden country-style lunch in the cafeteria. They sure know how to feed their recruits around there! I meant to go for a run to work off some of that fried chicken and corn bread, but I took a nap instead.

No comments: