Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco De Mayo

There are still 6 hours left until the end of Cinco De Mayo.

Here's a summary of our days events...

I woke up feeling "odd" (I'll spare you the details!) and ended up at the hospital by lunchtime. Although my contractions were 2.5 - 3.0 minutes apart, I was only 1cm dilated. All that work for just one centimeter!??!?! I was given the option of staying at the hospital and walking the halls until I progressed, or heading home to wait it out. As I'm not a big fan of hospitals, we chose the latter and headed out to get some good, spicy Mexican to encourage the process. I came home and managed to sleep through:
a) the contractions
b) the kids screaming and playing
c) my alarm/phone going off, and
d) my dear friend, Laura, coming over to bring us a delicious carb-free meatloaf!

I finally woke up and we took the kids on a much-needed Diego bike ride to relieve some of their energy and, again, help the process along. The timer for the above mentioned delicious meatloaf just went off and so we plan on taking Diego Bike Ride #2 after dinner. The kids are going to think it's Christmas!

So, we have 6 hours left. Come on, Keegan. You can do it!

Stay tuned...

No comments: