Sunday, May 11, 2008

I guess he'll buy me some nice jewelry

I believe in the power of positive thinking. I thought for sure he'd be here by now and I dreamed about bringing him home on Mother's Day. But he's not, of course, or you'd have pictures of him all over this site. So, I've been trying to relax and take my mind off of it. Jay and my parents have been a big help. My mom and dad took the boys for a sleepover last night, and Jay and I went out to a nice, relaxing dinner. It felt like a Last Supper of sorts, since we know it will definitely be the last time we get to go out like this for awhile. We also cleaned the house and, once again, got everything ready for the hospital and for Baby Keegan's imminent arrival. Jay "let me" mop the floors today, Mother's Day, in an effort to encourage labor...or at least, that's what he said.

Here's an excerpt from a Mother's Day email from my friend, Laura. She writes, "I hope that your 4 boys ... Jay and Keegan both being counted, are being very nice to you, in fact, Keegan has a vital decision to make today ... do I want to be the best Mother's Day gift ever, or will I just buy her a great piece of jewelry someday!"

I guess he chose the jewelry. Remind me to tell him that one day.

No comments: