Thursday, May 8, 2008

Stubborn Boy (must be a paternal trait!)

As of yesterday:
2cm dilated
Still contracting
Still no baby

We went for another walk last night to try to kick things into gear. I feel the distinct pressure of his head descending, so that's some progress at least. I've scheduled an induction for 5/21, mainly for my own mental health reasons as it gives me a specific date to focus on -- the night of the American Idol finale (sorry, mom!). Speaking of AI, I remember laboring with Logan and watching the contestants sing through my contractions. At times my contractions were so bad that I would miss entire songs being sung and have to ask the nurses whether or not they bombed the song.

Now, I know you're all going to write and tell me that he'll come when he's good and ready and inductions hurt like hell. You must forget what it's like to not be able to bend over to put on your own shoes in the morning. Or what it's like to have cankles where your ankles used to be!

Thank you for all your well wishes and phone calls. I really feel like it won't be long now...here's to coming home by Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie you're so funny! Don't you want one of your babies to make it to his due date? That way you can relate to the rest of who wasn't lucky enough to have early babies like yourself.;)
I'm just playing with you. It's been been 5 years for J and 17 months for Gray and I promise you, I will never forget the short breaths, cankles and overall misery I went through. Hang in there, you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Didn't you schedule an induction for Gray too? If I remember correctly, you did and then went into labor a day or two before. Or maybe I'm just nuts. In any case maybe Keegan will realise you are serious about this birth thing and get with the program. The baby of the family is always stubborn!